Monday, November 17, 2008


I have a greater appreciation now for wireless internet than I did in the past.  As I write this, I am sitting at my dining room table staring at a pile of laundry I have yet to fold.  My thought is this: perhaps if its directly in front of me, it has a better chance of being folded if I can continue to see it out of the corner of my eye.  We'll see how that works out.
Tahnie's younger brother got married this weekend.  Its been awhile since JJ and I have been to a wedding.  It was a lovely sunset ceremony and it made me want to get married again.  I think my favorite part about weddings are the flowers.  And the cake.  I love cake.
Thanksgiving is coming up and, as usual, there are about 30 people coming over to my dad's house for dinner.  I've volunteered for the first time, ever, to make a turkey (one of three) and I'm a little nervous as to how it will turn out.  I found a good recipe in Food and Wine magazine that doesn't look too complicated..... so I'm going to give it a shot.  From what other people have told me, the turkey is the easiest part.  My plan is to make my other two dishes the day before so I can give this turkey my full, undivided attention.  I'm a little stressed about it, but the saving grace is that there's two other turkeys, and a ham, so if mine's not edible, at least we won't starve.
Owen's been really into taking bubble baths lately.  I tried to look for kid friendly bubbles at the store the other day, but they all smell like bubble gum, grape or watermelon.  So I've been using bath and body works shower gel and he always smells so good.  Even in the morning, when he wakes up, you can still smell it on his hair.  I love that.

4 comments:

Cool Dad said...

Who are you going to marry this time?

Unknown said...

yeah, you might as well try it a second time. for me it was much better :) all our parents too :) j/k jj-
so you going to wish me a happy bday or what?! some sister you are?!! tell my other siblings they forgot too! :)
see ya in a week.
xoxo.

Tahnie said...

You missed the sickest danceoff of all time after you left. I took 1st AND 2nd place. whoop whoop! xo

sarah said...

go to target right now and get this method rice & mallow bubble bath. you'll want to gobble your kid up, it smells so good. and it all naturale...