Friday, November 21, 2008

The wait is finally over

Last night when I went to work there was a huge line on the second floor.  It wrapped all around the entire food court and it took me a few minutes to realize what they were all waiting for..... Twilight.

I read the books -- all four of them.  I think it was a total of some 2,000 pages, at least.  I will probably go see the movie and, this is the first time I have ever said this, but I really, really hope the movie is better than the book.

I don't mean to be a hater.  I just (for lack of a better word) hated the books.  I can't help it.  I thought they were completely unrealistic and I'm not even talking about the storyline (hello?? vampires and werewolves???).   I'm talking about the relationship built between the two main characters. 

First off, and I don't mean any offense, but I'm not a huge fan of the main character, Bella.  I actually started the book and put it down because I couldn't get past her pointless thoughts in the first chapter.  Ugh....

Second, the dialogue that takes place between the two of them is totally far fetched.  Not only do teenagers not talk to each other like that, but I think it gives young women the wrong idea about young men.  

That's probably my biggest complaint.  I cringe at the thought of all the impressionable, young girls out there reading these books and just imagining that there is actually someone who will treat them like Edward Cullen treats his Bella.  It is all a fantasy and not anywhere close to a reality.

The reality is, most men think about three things: Sports, Cars, and you know what (this is a family blog) FOOD      hee hee

1 comment:

Brianne Skidmore said...

Bryn- I would love, love, love, to see you and hope that you can come to my party on the 11th(see my blog). I know Val would love to see you, too. Let me know what u think.