Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to us!!

My cry for help has finally been answered. Due to some serious generosity, JJ and I are the proud owners of a new Mac laptop!! I will never own a pc again. The day after we replaced the hard drive it was already infected with viruses.
We had a pretty busy weekend. Malia was here and it was great to see her, but right now she's a little under the weather. Baby McCabe is making her feel a little down in the dumps. There wasn't a day I saw her that she wasn't feeling either tired or nauseous. It gets better .... I promise.
Dad and Debbie had a big birthday BBQ for all of us at their house Saturday night. It was nice to get everyone together and we had a lot of fun. It's on occasions such as this that I'm grateful my family gets along, and by that I mean my parents. All of them. Dad, Debbie, Mom and Ruben. Not everyone is as lucky as we are to have two separate sets of parents that are friendly and can function around each other. My dad and Ruben are playing golf together this weekend and I know my mom and Debbie have spoken on the phone recently. It's a huge relief, if you ask me. They are finally acting like adults.
I got the go ahead from JJ to go back to work. The question I'm asking myself now is, what am I going to do?? I have a feeling graduate school is in my near future instead of a job. Hopefully I can get the green light for that too.
I'm desperate for a new book to read. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know asap!!
BTW, I re-read I Know this Much is True by Wally Lamb. I loved it. Don't be afraid of the 900 page length because it goes by fast and the story is gut wrenching. He is excellent at character development as well as plot direction. The amount of research that went in to writing this book is astounding. It probably took him years.
I'm currently reading a collection of short (true) stories by the guy who wrote Fight Club and I'm not impressed. I'm actually extremely bored. Let's hope it gets better.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on the blog spot Bryn! Thanks for all the updates and pictures. We really enjoy them. And thanks also to your wonderful and generous parents(Sally,Ruben, Debbie and Jim)
We really enjoyed your visit with us in Seattle and we miss you terribly. Owen is such a joy and delight. He is blessed to have such caring and loving parents in you and JJ.
Finally have everything shipped off to Germany but I still need to sell our cars before I take off.
Congratulations to Malia and Andy and all the best to Alika with his treatment.
Hope to be able to make a quick trip down to Phoenix before I leave, but if I don't, I just want to extend an invitation to all to come and visit us in Germany.
Hal is already very busy in his new assignment. He sends his regards to all.( He probably is already an expert on German wines! )
Take care and hope to see you all soon.
Love,
Helen( aka Nana )

Anonymous said...

TAKE IT BACK!!!!
TAKE IT BACK!!!

or I'll,

or I'll take my ball and go home!

Paka

p.s. we are always acting.

Anonymous said...

And what a fun birthday it was:)!!!

Tahnie said...

Stay unemployed as long as possible. Jobs suck.

Unknown said...

i second that motion!

Anonymous said...

I read, "I know this much is true" a few years ago ... I liked it alot too.

Malinda dropped off my next literary challange ... Stori Telling by Tori Spelling :-)

I let you know how it is.

Jodi

Urban Gypsies said...

Ditto on the Germany invite. :-) How are you? I am back. I see you had your own computer problems. I still need to find my USB cord. Could be a little bit before I post pictures.