Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dad, I am so sorry! I know you have been bugging me about not updating and I feel really bad about being behind lately. Its been a pretty busy week or two and we had a very full weekend as well. Saturday was Princess Gigi's first birthday and I have never seen anything like it. Patricia has totally outdone herself, as usual, but all the decorations were adorable and all the kids had a really good time.
I just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. That's probably why I haven't updated in so long. It was really good. Sort of like a juicy, gossip filled, soap opera set in the fifteen hundreds. I couldn't put it down and now I really want to see the movie.
The rest of our weekend was pretty uneventful. JJ played golf on Sunday and Brooke and Tahnie came over for margaritas by the pool. Monday was spent running errands and picking up the house. We did end up at Dad's house for dinner and a cut throat tournament in Wii bowling. Alika won, of course. I think he's had some extra time to practice. Mariocart was way better, but I officially came in last every single time we raced.
Owen has his first ear infection. The other day he just wasn't acting like himself.....very upset, crying, etc. Then he started pointing to his ear. We went to the doctor yesterday and, sure enough, it's infected. He's going to be on antibiotics for the next ten days, but I think he's already starting to feel better.
For some reason, I have no energy this week. I'm tired and I don't want to do anything but read (even though I just finished my book and I have yet to start another one). I think maybe it has something to do with the weather. I'm ready for it to cool off so Owen and I can start riding our bike again in the mornings.
I'm excited for this weekend. I think Helen will be paying us a visit before she makes her move over the pond. Owen can't wait to see his Nana!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

would you two just use your gc and get your new computer already so we can finally see some new pictures?! enough already!!! not all of us are so spoiled...we just get the standard $150 bday gifts! i need new pics of my favorite nephew!! pronto!
xoxo.
mimi

Alika Simpson said...

i don't have extra practice, i am just that good ;) and mia needs to stop complaining. the oldest child never gets good stuff, it is a known fact that she should just come to accept...

Cool Dad said...

You're all lucky I wasn't there for the mariocart competition.

Brianne Skidmore said...

Hey, you. Thanks for writing. It means alot to know that others have fond memories of my mom, too.
I'm not the best at blogging or commenting, but, I'm always checking in on my friends. So now I'll add you to the list of people I spy on. You look great and your sweet little boy couldn't be cuter. What's just one baby like? I can't remember!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your life is so rough!!