Thursday, September 25, 2008

Paka thinks he is so funny



We had lunch at Dad's house the other day and he thought it would be a wonderful idea to give his grandson a temporary tattoo. He did this almost a week ago and it still looks brand new. I have soaped him and lathered him and even scrubbed his arm and its not going anywhere. In case you can't read what it says ( in jailhouse cursive writing) underneath the elegant bouquet of roses, it says "Freedom". At first, I thought it said "Rebel" so Owen was walking around the house saying "I'm a rebel!" and pointing to his arm. I have to admit, it was funny, for the first couple of days or at least through the weekend. Now, I'm ready for it to disappear. And, yes, that is a sword that the flowers and ribbon are wrapped around.....ugh!!

We have been very busy lately. Owen started his music class and it is soooo hippie-ish. It's a group of about ten parents and children that come together and sing songs and play some instruments. I felt a bit uncomfortable at first with all the adult participation, but its getting a little easier. There are some people in the class that are definitely having more fun than their children. I think they signed up for themselves and not their kids. We do have to sing and dance along, which I don't mind, but there is one mother in the class that is using this time to practice for her American Idol audition. She's a total Whitney Houston wannabe. Needless to say, she's one of the people having more fun with the class than her son. JJ was working from home this morning, so I made him go with me. He was totally uncomfortable the whole time. I loved it!!

We've been having a lot of fun with Alika lately. Its been nice having him here and he's slept on our couch for the past two weekends. But he did get some bad news in that he has to have another week of chemo starting on Monday. We were hoping he could get right down to the bone marrow transplant, but he'll have to wait and see after next week. Stay strong, Alika xxoo!!
Thanks to everyone who made it to our end of summer pool party on Saturday. As usual, a good time was had by all. I only have one bruise left on my arm, but its fading fast. I can't remember if I got it during the cannonball contest, or when I was practicing my dolphin kick like Michael Phelps......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea Paka!
The boy's down on the cellblock think Owen is Great.
The tat says Forever and is surrounded by Flowers and a Sword. The Sword signifies strength and the flowers signify love for his woman. In other words it means a strong love for his mother that will last forever.

Anonymous said...

yes, I was blog stalking and came across your blog! I'm so excited to have found it.I have wondered about you on and off for years, and then I found your cute blog! You look fantastic and your little family is so cute.This whole blog thing is new to me, but I love it. I forgot what a reader you are. (do you remember swapping Babysitter's club books?) Anyway, I love a good book too, so try these, I loved them

These is my words(I cant remember the authors name, but its worth reading.I LOVED it

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

Nineteen minutes by Jodi piccoult and My sisters Keeper(same author)
Let me know what you think! And keep posting!!

Tahnie said...

Love the ink! What a stud....

BigAndy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You have the most handsome little gangster, tatted baby I have ever seen.

XOXO -- Jodi

Unknown said...

would you please post something new?!

Anonymous said...

What a stud! How cute is that. It is not October...you need some new posts:)!! Oh wait, my birthday is coming up!!

Anonymous said...

From one mom to another...
Temporary tattoos do not get funnier as kids get older...however, they do multiply and suddenly your child looks as if he fell of the back of a harley. Rubbing alcohol takes them off like a magic eraser (don't use an ACTUAL magic eraser, apparently that is child abuse... whatever). My boys are 5 and 7 so I will pass down ridiculous info as I obtain it. Happy Holidays!!! Beth Yancey (Raney)