Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Holidays!!

Owen showing some school spirit


All the kids on Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving.  It started out with a surprise visit from Nana.  She was able to come down for a few days before leaving to go back to Germany.  It was nice to have her here and she helped me tremendously by getting the raw turkey ready for roasting.  And by that I mean pulling out all the stuff they put inside, yuck!! 
 
It was a really nice holiday, probably one of my favorites.  Alika got the results from his scan back and he is cancer FREE!!  We are so excited and couldn't be more thankful for this wonderful news.  The only bad part is that means he will be getting the green light to go home soon and we have really enjoyed having him here.  It wasn't always hospitals and chemotherapy.  We had some fun and games mixed in as well and we'll miss him dearly.  But, we wish him luck back in Hawaii and we can't wait to visit.

Patricia threw an adorable baby shower for Malia on Saturday.  I forgot how cute newborn clothes are.  It almost, almost, made me want to have another baby.  If Patricia has one, I'll have one.

I'm still recovering from a very busy, fun filled weekend.  We were barely home and I've been doing everything in my power to avoid vacuuming, but alas, it must be done.  Hope everyone had a great holiday!!

2 comments:

Cool Dad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alika Simpson said...

I will miss you guys too! But I will probably be back more often to meet with my doctors here for follow-ups. And you guys need to come to HI so I can take you out on the town there!