Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Frosty the Snowman




Owen's new favorite holiday song.  He sings it everyday and we also have to watch the old cartoon on youtube.  He knows it's on the computer and not the tv.  He's incredibly perceptive. He's also inclined to belt out Jingle Bells every now and then as well.  One of these days I'll try to record it and post it on here.  It's pretty funny.

I can't believe it's already the tenth of December.  Last year around this time, we were preparing to spend two weeks in Fiji.  Wouldn't that be nice to look forward to right about now??  I would love to be at the villa in Pacific Harbor.

Last weekend was Mandy's first annual Gaudy Christmas party.  A fun time was had by all and although it was a small, intimate gathering, it was spent with friends and a lot of laughter was shared (at my expense, but I'm over it).  

Christmas is right around the corner, and shortly after that we will be celebrating the start of another new year.  Why do they all seem to go by so fast these days?  I've been thinking about some serious resolutions and the one I think I'm going to focus on the most is graduate school.  I've been talking about it for years, but its high time I actually make something happen.  My child is old enough to benefit from spending some time around other kids.  My husband and I have no plans to add to our brood anytime soon, therefore, why not further educate myself and spend my time a bit more productively? 

BTW, funny story.  Last week, while watching frosty on youtube with my sister, something upset Owen and he began crying hysterically.  Still, to this day, we don't know what upset him, but it was almost like he was in pain.  While he was crying so hard he also began coughing.  I was trying my best to calm him down, but he wasn't being comforted by anything I did.  And then ....... he threw up.  It wasn't small (he just had a juice box) and it was projectile.  His aim was amazing.  Directly down the front of my v-neck shirt.  I've never seen anything like it.  
Once I had him settled down and with my sister, I took my clothes off to get in the shower. There, right above my belly button, was a grape stuck to my stomach.
That's the funny part. 


2 comments:

Tahnie said...

The party was fun, I think I was the only one with BRUISES! Frosty is my favorite too!

Kristin Slominski said...

Welcome to the vomit club. Mike and I have been members a number of times, including this week as well. The things we do for our kids, wouldn't trade it!!:)