Wednesday, June 25, 2008

FFFRRREEEEEDDDOOOOMMMM!!!!


What a busy weekend ... it pretty much took me until today to recover. Saturday afternoon was little Charlie Duff's baby shower. He isn't out of the hospital yet, but he sure has a lot to come home to. I have never seen so many presents in my life! Something tells me he will have a lot of fun with the jungle theme his parents picked out for him. It was really good to see Shannon as well as a few other old friends. We had a really good time.
Saturday night was the going away party for my dear friend, Tony. He's moving to Orange County to finish his fellowship and I couldn't be more happy for him. I've known him since high school, but we didn't become really good friends until college. He used to have the best house parties. How our lives have changed .... Another good friend came in town for the party, so it was really good to see everybody and spend some time together (thanks JJ). It was an expensive cab ride home, though. I think Mandy picked the only town car in the parking lot.
Sunday night was GEORGE MICHAEL. I have been looking forward to this concert since I bought the tickets, the day they went on sale, and let me tell you, Georgie boy did not disappoint. He hasn't toured North America in seventeen years, and it was probably one of the best concerts I've been to. EVER. Tahnie, Cody and I all sat together, and then we had a few other friends in another section. He sang every song I wanted to hear and he put on a really good show. His voice is amazing and he really is incredibly talented. He writes and produces almost all his music -- it's no wonder he's had such a broad, successful career. I was impressed with all the details from the lighting to what he was wearing; even that fab hairdo he sports still looked good. There were no cameras allowed, but I did take a few pictures and videos with my phone. I just have to figure out how to get them on my computer and I'll be sure to post them. BTW, the person yelling "FREEDOM" in the background is Cody :) If printing doesn't work out for you ..... don't turn to singing.
It seems like this week has gone by really fast. Its already half over. Owen's last swim lesson is on Friday. He'll start again when we get back from our trips, but we're going to miss it. It's become something we both look forward to each week and he's making visible progress.
It's going to be hard to top the events of last weekend, therefore, I don't even plan on trying. The next few days are going to be nice and quiet.
p.s. I had a really good time with Tracey on Saturday night!!

6 comments:

Cool Dad said...

George Michael defies the laws of physics by both sucking and blowing at the same time.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! That was funny cool dad. What a great show!!

Tahnie said...

I hope to have full hearing in my left ear by Sunday.....

Unknown said...

Nowhere in this did I hear you make any mention of how you had an amazing time hanging out with your friend Tracey... tear

Anonymous said...

I wish I had cake
Paka

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.