Tuesday, June 17, 2008






I found a really good deal online for a used 2008 4runner with 1800 miles and I went to talk to our friend Mohamed at Camelback Toyota about it on Friday. The only problem was they had sold it three days before and hadn't been able to take it off the website yet. So, of course, I get talked into buying a brand new car. And then I talked my mom into buying a new car too!! Ruben said she's not allowed to come with me anymore when I go in to "talk" about trading my car in. I don't think that will be a problem, because JJ told me I have to drive this car for the rest of my life. I was so excited when I brought it home that I cleaned out the garage and took a bunch of stuff to goodwill so nothing will be in the way of my brand new car.
The next day I was getting ready to go grocery shopping and I left Owen in his room to play while I got dressed. I must have been gone for no more than two minutes and when I came around the corner I found that he had unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper from JJ's bathroom. He was so cute it was impossible for me to be mad at him. The other day I caught him sneaking back underneath the shelves in the laundry room playing with the backstock paper towels and toilet paper. I'm not sure what his obsession with paper products is, but I'll keep my eye on it.
We had a really nice Father's Day. Everyone went golfing in the morning and then came back to our house to BBQ and swim. We also had to watch the US Open all afternoon which I guess wasn't so bad since it was a pretty historic match up and subsequent playoff. I was rooting for the underdog. In other words, I was hoping anyone but Tiger Woods would win.
It is getting so hot outside I'm not sure what to do with myself. And having a son who enjoys playing in the backyard is becoming increasingly difficult. I think he's getting bored with me and building forts. Suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the toilet paper photos ... too cute!!!

P.S. -- Congrats on the new ride!


Jodi

Cool Dad said...

Historical note. This is your third 4runner in 3 years. And cleaning the garage was my idea you credit hog

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. So cute. Keep them coming! I just want to know why you don't ever share any of the "books" you read? I would like to get in on that! Your family is adorable but you already know that!! See you Saturday!

Tahnie said...

I have a suggestion: Have another baby so Owen has someone to play with! :-)