Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Owen doesn't like female doctors



We found that out the hard way when he woke up this morning at about 4a.m. with a temperature of 103. We went straight to the emergency room where they looked at everything from his ears to the persistent rash that's been on his leg for a little over a week now. We were a little concerned when we walked in and saw a sign in the waiting room that said "If your child has a fever, rash, and vomiting please let us know immediately". We were thinking ... check, check, and check .... what does that mean?
To make a long story short, he had to have some blood taken and some antibiotics given intravenously. I thought watching your kid throw up was bad, but that's a cake walk compared to him being poked and prodded (right Debbie?). He was not a happy camper. But, he is doing better now that we're home. They told us to expect him to continue having fevers for the next few days so I guess we're not going to swim lessons or having our play date with Marigold. I have some pictures to post, but I'm having some trouble with my camera so I'll put those up as soon as I can.

No comments: