Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sickness .....

Owen has the stomach flu. It all started yesterday around dinner time. He was awfully cranky and he didn't eat much all day long which is unusual on both accounts because normally he has a really good appetite and we all know he was born with a naturally sunny disposition. In any case, he threw up several times last night. I don't know if any of you have ever seen a baby throw up, but it's a heartbreaking experience, to say the least. He made it through 13 months of his life without ever being sick a single day. Now, he's been sick twice in the past month. I'm not sure if it's from the swim lessons or the other day when we let him run wild at the play area at the mall. He had so much fun and we disinfected his hands immediately afterward, but apparently that wasn't good enough. As of right now, he's keeping his liquids down and he was able to eat a little bit of banana, as well as some cheerios, so I'd like to think we're over the hump. Let's just all take a moment and knock on wood or cross our fingers that the rest of us don't get sick. I've been washing my hands like crazy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bryn love getting the news so quickly - I am so sorry Owen is sick - I know how hard it is when they don't feel good. Wish I was there to give you both a helping hand. Alika and I love your new blog - keep the news and pictures coming.
Love to you all,
Tutu